Killahy Constructions was established in 2013, specialising in civil and structural FRP works. When former Operations Director of Loddon Engineering LTD, Charles Hay, returned to Australia in November 2015, Killahy Construction recognised the potential for development within the Australian Equine market and a partnership was created.
The combination of knowledge and experience between the duo within both the equine and construction industries has created a strong and dynamic blueprint for success with Killahy Equine offering a holistic and individual approach to all projects.
Please find capability statement here
Design and Build Philosophy
Since establishing a foothold within the Australian market, Killahy Group have established a reputation for the quality of their products and service more recently procuring projects at Pakenham Racing Club and a Private stud farm development at Bayles, Victoria.
Why Choose Killahy Group?
- The size and structure of the firm ensure senior members are directly involved with each project and hold themselves accountable for delivery and customer satisfaction.
- Killahy Group provides a comprehensive spectrum of services including the design, planning, build and installation of equine facilities.
- Killahy Group provides consultation during the design stage to guide clients towards cost effective design and build solutions.
- Minimal overhead expenses ensure that clients receive the highest quality European products and designs for the most cost effective value.
- Rights for the sales and distribution of internationally acclaimed stabling products provide clients with access to an exclusive equine range.
- We are an approved supplier of Ranbuild sheds, an industry leader in Australian commercial and equine shed design.
- Our diverse and extensive experience within both the equine and construction industry.
- Our partnerships with renowned architects and other equine professionals allow us to identify the latest trends and technologies to provide the best solution for any project.
- A strong discipline as a result of trading within the construction industry (a traditionally more competitive market than Equine development).
Killahy Constructions undertake all necessary concrete, drainage and civil works including the supply and install of Barns to suit equine structures. Our design focuses top priority on safety for both the horse and handler while allowing for ease of access, maintenance and general operating.
We supply and distribute a range of products to suit all needs and budgets. Some of these include:
- Stables (an extensive range of design)
- Portable Stables
- Horse Walkers
- Oval Walkers
- Aquatic Horse Walkers
- Equine Spa
- Power Plate
- Horse Crush/ Vet Stocks
- Horse Treadmills
- Rubber Matting
- Animal Shelters
- Stable Barns
- Barn Windows & Shutters
- Barn Doors (in a range of styles and sizes)
- Riding Schools
- Auxiliary Buildings
- Wood Shied Fencing
- Wider Equine Facilities (tracks, polo fields and riding surfaces)
- Equine Farm Planning, layout and design
Free quotes are available on all items upon request.
Design and Build Philosophy
We understand that every horse and handler is different. Therefore our solutions do not conform to a particular ‘style’, but are built around the individual needs of our clients and their project goals.
It is important that we take the following into consideration for every project:
- Client expectation
- Uses and goals
Our approach to planning and design involves a holistic analysis of the operational, organisational and physical requirements of each project.
Killahy Group rapidly develops responses to meet new demands. With thorough and integrated design processes we ensure a holistic approach to our projects. Our work reinforces the link between superior design, appropriate environmental conditions, value for money and, most importantly, demonstrated projects of integrity and innovation.
In order to remain at the forefront of the industry we are always researching, customising and applying the best technologies and strategies for our clients’ needs.
Our experience of sustainable solutions on a large scale involved the design and development of 350 eco-stalls for St Tropez, Polo Club. Focused on sustainability with the surrounding forest area, maximum water retention and use of strained woven resin set bamboo, which is not only a sustainable material (5 year life cycle to replace unlike 50 years for traditional hardwood) but requires minimal upkeep.
We maintain exclusive market supply of Loddon Engineering bamboo stables in Australia.